frequently asked questions

Do rental properties require an Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR)?

Due to a change in the Scottish Government Guidelines for Rented accommodation all rented properties require an EICR for more information click the here.

Are Smoke Detectors Required in Rented Accommodations?

Yes, the Scottish Government Guidelines have recently changed the rule of thumb is that fire alarms are required in the hallway, living area and kitchen. These must be hardwired and have a battery backup. For more information please click the here.

Do My smoke alarms need to be maintained?

Yes, all smoke detectors should be maintained as per manufacturer’s instructions for further information please click the here.

What Checks do I require to be able to let my property out?

The safety checks that are required for letting purposes are as follows EICR, PAT, Gas Safety Check, Legionella Risk Assessment and an EPC. Please see landlord page.

Do I need emergency lighting for my HMO property?

Yes, HMO properties require Emergency Escape Route Lighting to provide safe access out of the property. For more information please click the here.

Exceptional Service Guaranteed


Expert fully qualified & insured engineers

Award Winning

Multi award winners & leaders of innovation

Customer Support

Fully trained office team & industry leading service