Created on Thursday, 09 January 2014 13:18
Written by IES Edinburgh
Many properties in Edinburgh will be at the stage where they now require to be rewired. In most cases unless you have an electrical background, people are not aware that their home may be unsafe due to the condition of the wiring or the accessories used. The only time this comes to the owners attention is either when they are having work carried out, a fault arises or thankfully, in a few cases only, a fires starts in the property.
To only way to be absolutely sure whether your property needs to be rewired is to have an EICR carried out. An Electrical Installation Condition Report is a test that is carried out by qualified, SELECT registered electrician that produces an in-depth document on the quality of your installation.
The typical timescale of a rewire in your Edinburgh property from start to finish is around 5-8 working days. You can see below points that you will need to take into consideration before starting a rewire in your property.
All our electricians take the upmost care and attention whilst doing their job, but we would respectfully suggest that you that you remove valuables and lift carpets where possible, during the duration of the works.
Having your Edinburgh property fully rewired will as you can imagine, cause a considerable amount of dust and disruption to your household, IES will use dust sheets and all our power tools have hoover attachments to reduce the effects.
The rewire process.
1. Full strip out of all redundant wiring and accessories.
2. Installation of temporary supply for power tools and most importantly “the kettle”
3. Cut channels in to walls for cabling & back boxes for sockets and switches.
4. Wiring to all new points, bonding the main gas and water pipe.
5. All raggles and any damage to be plastered.
6. All wiring accessories to be fitted, along with new light fittings.
7. Installation of split load RCD consumer unit, upgrade meter tails and main earth wire to board.
8. Testing and commissioning of the property.
Ideal Electrical Solutions are experts in re-wiring homes in Edinburgh, please give us a call to arrange an appointment or some friendly advice. We are currently offering £450 towards LED lighting in your home free of charge, this is through a government scheme called green homes cashback.
Created on Monday, 23 December 2013 13:22
Written by IES Edinburgh
Our office is now closed until the 6th of January!! For all contact emergencys, please contact our emergency mobile number.
From all the team at IES we wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!